Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lulu Would Like You To Meet The Malaysian Version of Ting Hai 丁蟹


As Lulu was reading the Teoh Beng Hock / MACC RCI proceedings, one of the characters really reminded me of Ting Hai.

The TVB buffs out there would recognise this name Ting Hai. He is one of the main characters for The Greed of Man 大時代, a TVB drama series back in the 90s. The drama is currently airing on Astro Channel 305.

This Ting Hai character, to quote wikipedia, is "A stubborn, uneducated and pathologically self-righteous brute who solves his problems through violence and intimidation".

The Malaysian version works in MACC.

On Tuesday, "Ting Hai" wept as he recalled the hours after Teoh Beng Hock was found dead.
For a moment, Lulu thought he was feeling remorseful over his actions.
But alas... this is "Ting Hai" we are talking about.

The tearful episode happened when Anuar was explaining to the commission why he had to stop at his home in Puchong before briefing his superior, Hishamuddin Hashim, in Putrajaya.
He said he wanted to vent his feelings to his wife. “I told her I could feel the people’s anger. I told her to be careful for herself and our children because I was the investigating officer in the case.”
http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/2011/03/22/macc-can-raid-without-warrant-rci-told/

Today, Lulu reads that

Anuar gave an affirmative answer when MACC lawyer Muhammad Shafee Abdullah asked whether “Teoh’s actions” caused anger in him.
“His death caused problems to me and my family,” he said.
http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/2011/03/24/macc-man-teoh%E2%80%99s-death-angered-me/
What a mega Ting Hai!

1 comment:

Gan said...

agree with you ! a mega Ting Hai !

“His death caused problems to me and my family,” he said.

I hope TBH's ghost will haunt him & his entire family !