Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lulu Thinks Some Things May Not Be As Simplistic As This

Kes polis rasuah menurun
Pemakaian lencana kempen bantu penurunan 45 peratus
KOTA KINABALU: Rasuah membabitkan pegawai dan anggota polis turun kepada 45 peratus sejak pemakaian lencana dan pelekat kenderaan 'Saya Anti Rasuah' dan 'Integriti Amalan Kita' dilaksanakan pada 2005.
Penolong Ketua Urusetia (Tatatertib), Polis Diraja Malaysia (PDRM) Bukit Aman, Asisten Komisioner Hashim Abdul Jalil, berkata amalan negatif berkenaan menurun secara berperingkat dalam tempoh lima tahun, sekali gus membuktikan pegawai dan anggota polis menghayati kempen memerangi rasuah.
dont you love the simplistic reasoning that wearing the badge has successfully reduced corruption by 45%?
nothing to do with conscience, teaching the policemen to differentiate between right and wrong, providing the police force a better pay package ... you get what i mean?
all it took was some button badge
to think that we suffered all these years cos they werent wearing the right button badge.

and before you say, huh! the police force still as corrupt, let lulu tell you a kisah benar

it was a week ago, along the highway at Tmn Connaught, Cheras.
There was an ops going on.
Lulu's friend got pulled over.
the conversation went something like that
she: what was the offence?
cop: Speeding
she: I'm sure i'm not speeding
cop: ada cik
she: if so, then write me the saman
cop: its ok miss. you just apologise, say sorry
she: sorry
cop: ok, boleh jalan

see? kes rasuah has turun-ed
whether is was because of the 'Integriti Amalan Kita' button badge or her refusal to offer a bribe, that remains unanswered.

have a good day folks, and remember, "integriti amalan kita" :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The same incident happen in Johor too. I am a Malaysian working in Singapore but have subsidiary in Johor. It was about 1:00am after we completed repair the Johor factory's machine and was very tired. I was driving slowly while listening to the radio to enjoy the slow music. I was driving a Singapore registered car while many Malaysian cars overtook me. A Police road block appear and I was stopped for speeding. When I showed my Malaysian IC and insist I was driving very slowly at about 60~70 km/hour because I am tire, PDRM then says it's OK, I could go without any speed ticket!