It's not just arithmetics.
Mathematics is the search for fundamental truths in pattern, quantity, and change. [sounds profound-yah? Lulu copied it from wikipedia-lah]
One of the things we learnt in Form lulu-forgot-what was this lulu-forgot-what-it-is-called diagram.
Does it look familiar? It helps us do mapping and identify relationships.
The Pakatan agreement was that out of the 24 MBPJ councillors, there were to be
4 from PAS
7 from PKR
6 from DAP
7 from NGOs.
The Star lists the following
1. Mohd Halil Haji Harun – Petaling Jaya Utara PKR deputy chief
2. Syed Abdul Malik Syed A Hamid Al Jafree – Subang PKR deputy chief
3. Thiruvenggadam Aamuthu – Petaling Jaya Selatan PKR deputy chief
4. Halimey Abu Bakar – Kelana Jaya PKR Youth chief
5. Mahharul Ismail – Petaling Jaya Selatan PKR Secretary
6. Latheefa Koya – Petaling Jaya Selatan PKR treasurer
7. Tang Fuie Koh – Petaling Jaya Utara PKR treasurer
1. Michael Soon Kwai Choy – DAP
2. Mak Khuin Weng – DAP
3. Robert Tan Siang Chok – DAP
4. Tiew Way Keng – DAP
5. Francis Chang – DAP
6. Ramakrishnan Suppiah - DAP
1. Ahmad Yusof Ludis – PAS
2. Ghazali Shaari – PAS
3. Kamarudin Suhaimi – PAS
4. Muzammil Hafiz – PAS
1. Dr Melasutra Md Dali – Urban planner
2. Chan Chee Keong – Social activist
3. Richard Yeoh – Transparency International executive director
4. Anthony Thanasayan – Representative of the disabled community
5. Cynthia Gabriel – Suaram executive director
6. Derek Fernandez – Environment activist and lawyer
7. Paneer Sivam - - Labour Activist
When Lau Weng San, Lulu's assemblyman, read the list in the Star, he was shocked to see the exclusion of the proposed representative from RAs. He blogged about it here A mockery for PR if partisan nominees appointed as councilors under NGO quota, and it has been picked up by the Star and Malaysiakini, and now, whatalulu. Weng San is unhappy cos for the hijacker to put in his +1, one of the NGOs was excluded, and from what Lulu heard, it's a residents association rep.
Weng san listed the following NGO-ers in the list, namely Richard Yeoh (TI), Anthony Thanasayagan (coordinator of Malaysians Against Discrimination of the Disabled), Dr Melasutra Md Dali (town planner), Cynthia Manonmani Michael Gabriel (Suaram), Derek Fernandez (prominent lawyer on local governance) and Paneer Sivam (labourer activist)
So, Lulu drew a lulu-forgot-what-it-is-called diagram to help her see who is the +1 whom a certain political party had slotted in their own people using the NGO slot.
ah... thanks to the beauty of Mathematics, Lulu can see who the +1 is.