It was a pleasant surprise to see Zaid Ibrahim named in the new cabinet line-up. Many, like Lulu, have a great respect for him.
oh... but the bad was really really bad.
Tan Sri Muhammad Muhammad Taib named Rural and Regional Development Minister.
Do a google on his name. Read his rave reviews. Lulu thinks there's hardly any Malaysian who does not know about his infamous suitcase and his command of the English language.
Lulu cannot fathom why the "I will change" PM has put him in. The reasons that Lulu can think of is
1. he has some hidden debt to Muhammad Muhammad Taib
2. it is the PM's act of vengeance on netizens considering how much we love Muhammad Muhammad Taib
Lulu looked up the Ministry that this MMT [lol! am empty???] will helm. Link here
Lulu is very worried
Lulu is worried that rural development under his helm will come with "extra charges"
Lulu is worried that none of these [noble on paper] charters will be pusued
- To enhance the livelihood of rural residents.
- To achieve 100% coverage in basic amenities, utilities and infrastructure for rural residents .
- To ensure that rural residents my benefit 100% from information and communication technology.
and that our brothers and sisters continue to live in hardship.
Lulu can only hope that MMT has a close encounter with the Almighty and repents of his way and carries out his responsibilities in the most noble and caring manner.
Lulu does not have a good feel about this.