We had ours in KL the weekend before Merdeka.
Aishah, Rocky, Big Dog, June-E, Bangmalaysia, Nuraina, YB Jeff Ooi, Walski, SK Thew, Melvin Mah, Euphoria in Misery, Rajahram, Nocturnal Mind and Howsy blogged about it.
Now the Bangsa Malaysia team is taking the event to Penang.
Event : Malam Bangsa Malaysia
Date : 3rd November, 2007
Time : 8.00pm
Venue : Room A, Dewan Sri Pinang, Pulau Pinang.
There will be a charge of RM10 per person to cover rental and refreshment costs.
The event can only accomodate 200 people and attendance is by invitation.
The organising team has also put together a forum entitled ‘One People, One Nation’ which is open to all who are registered to attend the get-together later that night.
The forum is scheduled to start at 5pm. Registration will start at 4.30pm.
Speakers for the forum are :
1. Dato Lim Chong Keat (pending confirmation )
2. Khoo Kay Peng ( independent political analyst )
3. Malik Imtiaz Sarwar
4. Haris Ibrahim
5. Aliran president P Ramakrishnan
You can read about the KL Bangsa Malaysia get-together HERE.
What you need to do to get an invitation
Firstly, as places are limited, please be sure that you can attend before you ask for the invitation.
If you are very sure that you can make it, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your email, please provide the following details :
1. Name ( as per IC ) and IC number
2. Contact number
3. A liitle bit about yourself ( where you’re from, what you do ). Also tell us what your feelings are about the last fifty years of independance and what your hopes are for the coming fifty years. Also, share your thoughts on what you think needs to be done to make the aspiration of one people, one nation a reality in Malaysia.
All e-mails will be replied.
All particulars furnished will be treated with utmost confidence.