Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Lulu A Bit Ketinggalan - Baru Sedar Budak Belum Kering Hingus dah Beli IPhone

Lulu just caught up with his latest frivilous spending.
2 iphones which are SIM locked to AT&T
and the thing is, this budak had the audacity to write about it in his Sunday NST column! I wonder whether he realised how spoilt and bratty he sounded.

to quote him,

Yours truly, of course, is a bit of a tech geek. I wanted to line up with everyone else to get an iPhone but failed to convince the preggers wife to stand in line with me.

I began to give up and convinced myself there was no point getting it anyway. The iPhones sold in the US are locked by the exclusive carrier, AT&T, which requires buyers to subscribe to a two-year plan in order to activate every function of the phone, including its iPod features.
This means that any cunning plan to buy the iPhone in the US and then take it back home and just simply switch SIM cards would obviously not work.

A few days later, I was in an Apple store buying something else when by chance the cashier told me they had just received a fresh delivery of the Holy Grail. I didn’t even blink or breathe before paying for two (the max one person is allowed to buy) 8GB models.

After the initial elation, I had to deal with the reality that I had bought a phone that doesn’t work, with no indication of when a network tie-up will be announced in Malaysia, since Apple will only release the iPhone with a network partner instead of normal mobile phones that come unlocked for any carrier.

What could be more frustrating than staring at an iPhone that just stares back blankly at you? I told Nori, there’s no point being a tech geek if you’re not willing to go all the way. So I went online and signed up for an AT&T plan to unlock my phone
.


Are you getting this "what a brat!" vibes like i'm getting?
i want! i want! i want!
it doesn't work in M'sia, boy..
i still want! i still want! i still want!

5 comments:

lucia said...

i read about it in aisehman's blog days ago (http://www.aisehman.org/).

well he is a rich spoilt brat so of course whatever he wants, he gets. it's his money, so who cares. never mind even if the phone doesn't work in malaysia.

Anonymous said...

Umm, I think the phone can work in Malaysia as long as he subscribed to AT&T global roaming as well.
Its just an expensive way to go about it...
The fella is officially unemployed, but I'm sure he's got his very clean fingers in a variety of projects around the country....10% of this, 20% of that. Remember the 2 differnet SUV's he's got ?

Anonymous said...

More like a jerk.

Anonymous said...

i thought this guy unemployed (i might be ketinggalan), where he get the money to pay for the bill. BTW, I also thot thi budak anti Amerika...

Anonymous said...

i thought malaysians are genius working things around - why not he engage ppl to modify the iphone, like those modifying consoles playing pirated games...