Samy Vellu said the department's report revealed:
- CRACKS and water seepage on the concrete roof;
- SEEPAGE through the rain gutter surface edge;
- CLOGGED gutters which caused water retention;
- WATERPROOFING on the roof was not working and had been used beyond its lifespan;
- WATERPROOFING was installed on the concrete surface without any protective layer;
- CLOGGED drainage pipes;
- SEWERAGE pipe leaks at VIP and other toilets;
- DAMAGED expansion joints; and
- THE absence of maintenance work.
maklumlah, I don't have RM22mil of government money to spend to inspect the gutter. neither do I think that the RM22 mil that will be used to inspect governmet buildings in Putrajaya would include an inspection on my apartment. But at least my apartment is 22 years old, unlike those Putrajaya buildings. It's a sheer waste of money, and like what I've said before, I'm fed-up.
Anyway, Lulu has to fork out her own money to do her own repairs. It's "painful", it's expensive but I don't mind. It has to be done.
For that and some other reasons, I've also decided to change my ceiling. I thought I'd as well get it done now.
And I'm getting some responsible people to fix it. I am not choosing a relative to do it. And I have no cronies to choose from. Nor is there anyone whom I owe a "favor" to. Neither will I choose someone who will sub-contract it out to do it. It's my home and my hard earned money, and I will choose wisely.
sigh.. if only the people at PWD would think like Lulu too.
it just crossed my mind, since my MP is famous for fixing clogged drains, do you think she'd have helped clear the clogged gutter if I had asked?