Thursday, January 18, 2007

Adoi! Lulu Kena Tagged!

As reluctant as Lulu is, but cos its from Lucia, Lulu will give an insight on the weird, weird world of Lulu to all Lulu readers around the world.

The rules: Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

1. i have not eaten durians since the age of 5, when after a gluttony session, i threw up in the middle of the night. I don't have a problem with opening up durians, and serving them, but somehow, i can imagine it masuk-ing my mouth.

2. i used to have weekly eating fixations. every week, i'd have to go makan the "it" of the season
from form 4 all the way till i graduated, i must have my weekly asam laksa from the van at the pasar malam.
then for a couple of years, it was wantan mee from sunway. every saturday morning before 8am, i'd be there. after the ldp came up, and the traffic was diverted all over the place, it was not so easy to get to the shop anymore. i stopped going for a while, and one day i went over, they're not there anymore! they've either closed down or moved since. i've no idea where they are now, my favourite wantan mee shop.
this was followed by the charkwayteow from old town. the lady there knows what my order is - mm oi lat chiew, mm oi see hum
then there was the fruit rojak at Tmn Tun. again, the couple know what my order is, but they'll check cos sometimes, i tapau for my sis.
of late, no weekly fixations as i have been quite busy during the weekends.

3. regardless what time i sleep, i'd be up by 7:30am. i could be out till 4am on a weekend, but come morning, i'd be up by 7:30am. in the past 10-15 years, i've only bangun-ed after 9am once.

4. sometimes, when i ter-bangun in the early hours of the morning and cannot tidur after that, i'd drive down to petaling street to have the sang yee porridge. there used to be a choice between porridge and dim sum, but now the yoke woo hin doesn't open till six. kam lun tai not there anymore. yes, the boss there also knows what my usual is.

5. i used to have workaholic tendencies. used to come in to work before 7:30am and leave past 10:00pm and come in on weekends. after a year, my boss told me that it's not good for me, and he approved another 2 headcount for me. even so, i continued working these crazy hours for another year before putting it all to an end. note the "used to have".

6. i am the only teetotaller in my office. this is tough when the whole office drinks and free flow of beer and hard liqour is a norm at our functions, but this is out of my own choice and conviction. things got 'less pressured" when the CEO found out about my convictions and gave me an amnesty.

gosh... this is not only sounding weird, it's making me sound like a nerdish glutton.

pass the tag? nah. give you guys a break.

4 comments:

freelunch2020 said...

hahahahhahahhahaha
eating fixations....hahahhahhahaha.....the porridge is good at PS ...hahhahahhahahhahahahu r funny.....a good break from the 'serious stuff' :D

lucia said...

thanks, lulu, for being reluctant and yet doing it. :)

at least now i know a little more of you... weird or no weird.

Anonymous said...

Haha me too like to drive down to PS for raw fish porridge. That was when I was single and have no life..... so can wake up 5am and drive to KL and sleep in on Sat after that.

chips

Bernard said...

uahh.... big on routines eh :-)

... that charkoayteow.. jalan othman one izzit? near maybank? that one is good :-)