Sunday, November 26, 2006

Lulu Was Reminded Of A Few Things In Church Today

Lamentations 3
17 I have been deprived of peace;
I have forgotten what prosperity is.
18 So I say, "My splendor is gone
and all that I had hoped from the LORD."
19 I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.
20 I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.
21 Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:
22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

James 4:17 Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

1 Peter 3:14 But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened."

There is a feeling of fear in this nation - high level politicians waving keris, Article 11 mobs, researchers are threatened for the statistics they publish, temples being torn down.
They may try to downplay it, but it's there.
Fear.
But Lulu will not be frightened, for the Lord is with her, and Lulu will continue to speak up, to play her small role in doing what is right.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

With the Net, things really travel far and wide real fast. Watch the economy slumps soon this time.

~wits0~

carboncopy said...

Thank you for the encouragement. Lulu's blog gives hope to people, like me.

lucia said...

so you are a christian. but i don't think you are a catholic.

yes the bible consists of lots of words of encouragement like these... so read the bible, then you'll see hope. :)

carboncopy said...

Lucia,

Does it matter if lulu is RC or not? :)

What A Lulu said...

lulu is catholic [note the small "c"], with reference to the apostles creed.

I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit
and born of the Virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended into hell.
On the third day he rose again.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting.
Amen.

lucia said...

carboncopy, of course not. even if lulu is not christian but a buddhist or whatever, doesn't matter at all.

i was mentioning she couldn't be a catholic because of what she wrote "lulu was reminded of a few things in church today.." because if she's a catholic, i would have thought she would tell us that what she learned in church would be the 3 readings in our catholic church's mass. that's all. me being a catholic, when i first saw the heading "lulu was reminded of a few things in church today..." i was expecting her to tell us of the readings in mass... or the priest's homily.. IF she is a catholic but she didn't so i guess she's not catholic.

no big deal lah, salinankarbon. :)