Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Lulu Posts Animal Farm Chapter1

MR. JONES, of the Manor Farm, had locked the hen-houses for the night, but was too drunk to remember to shut the popholes. With the ring of light from his lantern dancing from side to side, he lurched across the yard, kicked off his boots at the back door, drew himself a last glass of beer from the barrel in the scullery, and made his way up to bed, where Mrs. Jones was already snoring.

----------------
Lulu decided that this is quite a lulu thing to do to post it on this blog.
So, Lulu has shifted it to www.lulufarm.blogspot.com
AND has posted all 10 chapters there.
Happy reading!

4 comments:

desiderata said...

Lulu:

My first comment here, though I've visited before.

Nice of youto share -- must be very time-consuming --RE-TYPING ALL THIS? (with many chapters to follow...)

I'd really like to engage in a discussion on this Oh George All's wella creation! Butt do you think it is wise to copy all the chapters.

I think you've whetted the readers' appetite sufficiently to encourage them to INVEST in an original print copy; I had bought at least 3+1 copies (2 for friends as presents) and one for meself to circulate; ONE (the first I had, and I can't remember if I had received it as a gift or I bought it during sec schooldays!) WAS STOLEN and I know who the culprit is!

This way you are also protecting the poor athor (or estate's) rotalties, which as a writer I think is his righful due. Ponder please, eh, while I offer you two tehtarik kurang manis at Desi's?

What A Lulu said...

hi desi,
with regards to the copyright, the original copyright on this work has expired, and since no renewals have been found at the U.S. Copyright Office, it is in the public domain in the United States.
and no, lulu did not painsakingly type it out.
btw, lulu will move the animal farm postings to a separate location tonight
its taking too much space.

Maverick SM said...

Lulu, nice reminder to all.

"Now, comrades, what is the nature of this life of ours? Let us face it:

"But is this simply part of the order of nature? Is it because this land of ours is so poor that it cannot afford a decent life to those who dwell upon it? No, comrades, a thousand times no!

Anonymous said...

ok ok lets have a beer ! u r good ...