Lulu thanks you, Your Royal Highness, for intervening in the injustice in your land.
According to the news reports, The Ruler also said that he wanted all elected representatives in Selangor to lead exemplary lives, to put the public’s interest above their own and always protect the name of Selangor.
What happens to Zakaria?
Different papers give different angles of the meeting, but basically, as upsetting as it was for Zakaria, his hypertension and the scary, weak knee experience was not enough to give him a heart attack or a stroke.
Per the Star,
1. The Sultan of Selangor has advised Port Klang assemblyman Datuk Zakaria Md Deros to relinquish his post as Klang municipal councillorPer the NST
2. Zakaria admitted his mistakes on the building of his bungalow in Kampung Idaman without approvals, on operating a satay restaurant without a licence, on the non-payment of assessments and a host of other complaints
3. If Zakaria does not comply, he risks being stripped of his Datukship
1. He will be investigated by the Anti-Corruption Agency for abuse of power.so, Zakaria didn't decide, Khir Toyo decided for him? Was KT head also on the chopping board?
2. He was advised to step down as a councillor by the Sultan of Selangor.
3. The Ruler was displeased with Zakaria for building a bungalow without planning permission along with a string of other allegations.
4. During the meeting, the Sultan noted that he had received many complaints from various sources that Zakaria was arrogant, rough and had used his power in a way that hurt the public. But he did not want to jump to any conclusions before allowing the state assemblyman to have his say.
5. Datuk Lela Bakti Setiausaha Sulit Datuk Muhammad Munir Bani, who was also present at the meeting, later issued a statement saying:
a> Zakaria, as an elected representative, must uphold the good name of Selangor. What more with him being the assemblyman for Port Klang which is part of the Royal Town of Klang."
b> Zakaria promised to repent and sought the Ruler’s pardon for not showing up on Oct 23 when he was summoned to the palace.
c> Zakaria continues to invite criticisms, he could also be stripped of his “Datukship” conferred by the late Sultan of Selangor, Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah.
A few hours later, Zakaria received word that Selangor Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Khir Toyo has given him until Nov 8 to wrap up his work as a councillor.
1. Sultan of Selangor has advised Zakaria Md Deros to resign as Klang municipal councillor to put an end to several controversies.100 Pandamaran folks, many of them from lower-income groups, who gathered outside Zakaria’s mansion today in protest.
2. The sultan’s private secretary Mohd Munir Banisaid the sultan had received a lot of complaints on Zakaria less exemplary behaviour from various parties such as being rude and hurting the people’s feelings by abusing his powers.
In the Malaysiakini report,
According to the law, the illegal mansion built by Port Klang assemblyperson Zakaria Deros must be torn down - nothing short of that is acceptable, said Sg Pinang assemblyperson Teng Chang Khim. Teng, a practising lawyer, said the Street, Drainage and Building Act 1976 clearly stipulates that local authorities, in this case Klang Municipal Council (MPK), must demolish the building should Zakaria fail to do so.Yah Khir Toyo, I'm sure you don't want the opposition to use this against you in the coming GE, do you? Tear it down!
Do Zakaria a favor now that he is out of favor, tear it down! He will need the land to berkebun to feed his family and his wife and son and daughter-in-law now that his dynasty can't buat sesuka hati.